Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Phi Mu: Our Mission and Creed

Our Mission and Creed


Although I never quite went the route of my Grand Mother and Mother who were both Phi Mu at L.S.U., Baton Rouge, I was always told that I was to be the third generation to pledge; however my life took me in a very different direction and even though I ended up in a L.S.U. School in New Orleans, Louisiana on my own merits, I was not ever in a position with a family, work and my education to focus my directives toward a sorority (I'm not sure if they even had a Phi Mu Chapter at either UNO or LSU Medical Center School of Nursing - regardless of whether sisters passed that way or not.  I can say that I do know a little about the society through family and although can say that I felt a very strong compassion to post their site and creed as I have a special needs child and they support such a great cause.  Although most people think that life is easy to get dressed with your best smile on and be the person you are, it's just as easy to go from being at the center of your universe to a place that you would never imagine or being with or working with people that are so very different from you - or your own life making a drastic change.  You just have to keep on believing in yourself and know that you have been to that mountain many times and have seen the winds of change too and we are all essentially the same when we come down.   This is posted for all of those who so loyally devoted their time and efforts to the devotion of remembering their pledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment